Hangover cure drink: what to drink when hungover?
Hangovers can wreck your day, making it impossible to function. Whether you have the early hangover symptoms, such as fatigue and headaches, or severe hangover symptoms, such as confusion and vomiting, they can be difficult to manage. There are lots of recommendations on what you should or shouldn’t do during hangovers. Some of the recommendations are sound, while others aren’t right. Some people recommend drinking more alcohol to cure the hangover, which might give the impression of temporary relief, but it really just extends the hangover. Some also recommend eating lots of lardy foods, but that doesn’t help much either. The following are some actual recommendations on what to drink when hungover.
Alcohol is a diuretic that makes you urinate, sweat, and vomit, thereby depleting your body’s water levels. The lack of water leads to dehydration, which, in turn, leads to dizziness, fatigue, and disorientation. That’s why you should drink glasses of water while boozing. If you’re feeling hungover, you can drink more water to restore your body’s water levels. However, this will only work if you have sufficient electrolytes in your body. Electrolytes are the minerals necessary for your body’s optimal functionality. They help your body absorb fluids — if you have an electrolyte imbalance, your body won’t retain the water and simply expel it through sweat, vomit, or urine.
If you’re experiencing the symptoms of dehydration, excessive vomiting, or diarrhea, water may not be sufficient as a hangover cure. As mentioned previously, an electrolyte imbalance in your body prevents you from absorbing fluids. That’s why you need electrolyte supplements to restore your electrolyte balance. Electrolytes include sodium, potassium, chloride, calcium, magnesium, phosphate, and bicarbonate. They help with osmosis, i.e., they increase fluid absorption in your intestines. As such, you need electrolyte supplements that contain these essential contents, allowing you to rehydrate correctly. You should, however, note that electrolyte drinks aren’t the same as sports drinks — the latter contains some electrolytes, but their primary components are artificial flavors and sweeteners, so they’re not nearly as effective as actual electrolyte powders.
Naturally, everyone doesn’t have access to electrolytes and electrolyte powder. If you don’t have electrolyte packets, you can try restoring your electrolyte balance through natural means, such as coconut water, avocados, watermelons, dairy, etc. Coconut water, for example, has more potassium per ounce than sports drinks, making it one of the most powerful electrolyte drinks. Consuming natural electrolytes might not be as effective as electrolyte drinks because different foods contain different minerals, while electrolyte drinks contain the optimal proportion of all the essential minerals. However, it’s the best alternative to electrolyte drinks.
What is a good way to get rid of hangover headaches?
Excessive alcohol consumption often leads to hangover headaches — in fact, headaches are the most common symptoms of a hangover. Alcohol contains ethanol — your stomach absorbs about 80% ethanol, while your intestines absorb about 20% ethanol. The ethanol travels into your bloodstream and your brain. This chemical leads to vasodilation, i.e., it makes your blood vessels expand, stimulating your brain nerves. Alcohol can also trigger the chemicals and hormones in your brain to trigger headaches. Furthermore, alcohol’s diuretic effects lead to dehydration, which also contributes to headaches. All of these factors come together to give you splitting headaches in the morning after drinking.
The following are some good ways to get rid of a hangover headache:
- Vitamin B6: Consume foods rich in vitamin B6, such as poultry, potatoes, etc. These foods increase your body’s metabolic rate to eliminate the alcohol, helping you recover quickly.
- NSAIDs: Nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs block the production of enzymes related to headaches and decrease your body’s inflammation. However, you should be extremely cautious and careful with NSAIDs, taking only small doses, because excessive use can increase the risk of bleeding.
- Exercise: Light exercise, such as indoor jogging, can increase your metabolic rate and help eliminate the alcohol content. However, you shouldn’t exercise if you have a severe hangover, and you shouldn’t do so outdoors.
- Electrolyte Supplements: As mentioned previously, one of the reasons for headaches after drinking is alcohol’s diuretic properties, which leads to dehydration. When you’re experiencing the symptoms of dehydration, you need electrolyte supplements to restore your electrolyte balance. Overcoming dehydration will help you overcome the headache.
How to prevent a hangover?
- Consume drinks with low levels of congeners, such as vodka, gin, and rum. Drinks with a higher level of congeners, such as whiskey, are linked to stronger hangovers.
- Have plenty of water before, during, and after drinking to maintain your body’s water level and avoid dehydration.
- Get a long and restful sleep after drinking to help your body recover.
- Have a nutritious breakfast the next morning to recover faster.
- The best way to prevent a hangover is to have plenty of electrolytes before and after your drinking session. Electrolyte supplements maintain your body’s natural electrolyte balance and ensure you remain hydrated, preventing the worst symptoms of hangovers.
What is the best way to get rid of a hangover?
RecoverORS is one of the best electrolyte supplements to get rid of a hangover. RecoverORS is the #1 recommended electrolyte brand by pharmacists, prepared in FDA-approved facilities. It contains the optimal proportion of electrolyte minerals, including Dextrose, Potassium Citrate, Sodium Chloride, Sodium Citrate, Citric Acid, Natural Flavors, and Ascorbic Acid. Furthermore, it contains less than 1% sweeteners and has minimal calories. You should consume RecoverORS electrolytes before, during, and after your drinking session to avoid a hangover altogether or get over a hangover quickly. RecoverORS allows you to feel better faster.
You can get your hangover cure online today.